Valentine’s day is just around the corner… At the time of writing, just three weeks away! But this year I’m encouraging you to think a little differently and shower yourself with LOVE!
At Christmas time I had a bit of a wake up call… Having worked like a demon up until the big day, with various fairs and shows on the agenda, and still juggling family and personal commitments; I probably shouldn’t have been surprised by the fact that come Christmas morning I was laid up in bed with a nasty flu-like virus, that lingered long into the New Year!
It was miserable for me, and miserable for my family, especially Olivia, who’s at the age when Christmas excitement reaches its peak! I’ve had a good talk to myself, as have my friends and family, and I tell you this, not because I want you to feel sorry for me, but because I encourage you to always show yourself love!
The best thing about this Valentine’s Day philosophy, is that nobody is excluded from celebrating the occasion, rejoice singletons and spend some time on yourself this February!
Here are 5 ways to shower yourself with LOVE on Valentine’s Day.
- Write yourself a love poem – (It doesn’t have to rhyme!) It’s all too easy to criticise oneself. So take this opportunity to write a note to yourself that celebrates the things you love about you, your life and your achievements!
- Enjoy some time out – If, (like me prior to Christmas), you struggle to take time out for yourself, putting family and work first, now is the time to start. And not just for Valentine’s Day! Remember you’ll be no good to any of the people that depend on you, if you don’t take care of yourself. Start with just fifteen minutes a day, and build on that!
- Take yourself on a date – Think about what your perfect date would be, then take yourself on it! Who needs to wait to be asked?
- Make someone smile – Celebrate love by gifting somebody a smile. It could be a friend, a family member or a complete stranger. Often it only takes a kind gesture or kind words to make someone’s day. Paying it forward is sure to give you the warm fuzzies, it’s like enveloping yourself in hugs!
- Nourish yourself – Feeding yourself well is a great way to show yourself the love you deserve. The old adage, you are what you eat, rings true. If you eat rubbish, you tend to feel like rubbish. Frog Hollow Super Snacks are perfect treats for health conscious foodies. Shop yours HERE!