Those of you that know me will also know that I caught the running bug some time ago, and have previously taken part in both 5K and 10K Race for Lifes, and the Great South Run (10 miles). On 8th July, I will be running 10K once again for the Cancer Research UK Race for Life. As a cancer survivor of 3 years, this a cause very close to my heart. If you would like to support me in raising money for this worthy cause, please visit my fundraising page HERE.
I’m the first to admit that I couldn’t have achieved this without the help of my trainer Carol Patrick PT, so I asked Carol to share five tips to help you reach 5K… Here they are!
- Start by walking briskly, then add a little run. Use visible markers, such as I’ll get to the next lampost! Then walk again. Repeat this a few times, while gradually increasing your goals.
- Find a running buddy. It’s always more fun with company! A friend or your dog would love to go 😊!
- Getting out there first thing is the hardest thing. Get your kit ready the night before, and put your trainers by the door, so there are no excuses.
- Go digital. There are lots of apps on the market that will help you record your progress. Sometimes seeing how far you’ve come, is enough to spur you on more.
- Don’t feel pressured by how far or how fast… Just do it!
To find out more about Carol, and how she can help you feel amazing, visit her website!
Once you have built up an appetite from your run or workout, you’ll need to refuel. Our energy bites are just the thing to top up your reserves! We’ve just added a brand new flavour to the range, Lemon Pop, and it’s available as part of our No Added Sugar Energy Bites Pack. While our beautiful Kilner Jars, chock full of energy bites, look fabulous in your fridge, we know they are not always the most portable option for when you are on the move. So, we have packaged this new product in PLA. PLA is plant-based packaging, derived from renewable resources, such as corn starch, cassava roots, chips or starch, or sugarcane.
The No Added Sugar Energy Bites Pack, contains four different flavours, Lemon Pop, Coco Currant, Mango & Lime Mojo and Top Nut Banana. The pack costs £8.90, and includes 230g of energy to help you zoom, zoom, zoom!