With Halloween just around the corner the supermarkets are once again chock full of gummy sweets and palm oil laden chocolate. At Frog Hollow we believe in fuelling young minds and bodies with delicious and nutritious treats; so, in this blog we’d like to share some healthy alternatives for even the ghastliest ghoul who knocks on your door!
I won’t go as far as suggesting mini tubes of toothpaste, that I recently heard a devilishly clever dentist had offered the mini monsters who had turned up at his house on 31st October. But do remember that trick or treat booty doesn’t have to be edible…
Here are 5 hauntingly healthy treats to offer this Halloween!
- Creepy crayons – Why not encourage your young wizards and witches to get creative in the cauldron… Instead of giving out food, hand your door knockers mini colouring packs.
- Chilling cheese – Add a little protein to the occasion with a selection of mini, individually wrapped cheeses. These are easy to find in the supermarkets, and as lunch box favourites, most kids love them!
- Fearsome Fruit – New season easy peel clementines are sweet, juicy and devilishly delicious. Arm yourself with a magic marker and draw some ghoulish faces and fangs on each individual fruit before handing out to your trick or treaters.
- Spine Chilling Stickers – Reward your callers with a spell binding Halloween sticker or terrifying temporary tattoo. Think pumpkins, skulls, ghostly ghouls and witch’s hats!
- Eerie Energy Bites – There’s nothing tricky about Frog Hollow energy bites. Made from fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and superfoods. These hair-raising healthy treats are free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar. Order a Family Pick & Mix Jar to keep sixty children happy this Halloween!
Contact me to buy yours.