Did you know May is Living Streets National Walking Month? So it’s time to dig out your trainers and start pounding the pavements…
At Frog Hollow we consider ourselves so very fortunate to be based in beautiful West Sussex. Our picturesque and historic towns and cities are a pleasure to stroll through. Here are a few of our favourite urban trails.
- The Chichester City Walls Trail is just a mile and a half long, steeped in history, it’s an easy and enjoyable jaunt for the whole family.
- Enjoy beautiful Arundel and the backdrop of its amazing castle. This website features a walk that takes you past Swanbourne Lake, the Castle and through the streets of Arundel with its delightful independent shops and art galleries.
- Venture north of the South Downs to discover the Midhurst Town Trail and relish in the mix of medieval, Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian architecture. Find out more HERE.
If urban walking isn’t your thing… Then escape to the stunning West Sussex countryside. The West Sussex County Council website has produced a booklet featuring 14 easy countryside trails. Find it HERE.
Wherever you are walking don’t forget to add some Frog Hollow energy bites to your pack, they are your portable power snack and will give you the energy to go, go, go!
If you’re anything like me, walking the walk could lead to a racier pace! I caught the running bug last year, and since then have taken part in a 5K and 10K Race for Life, and the Great South Run (10 miles); I’ve also signed up for the Portsmouth 10K Race for Life, that takes place in July, visit my fundraising page HERE.
I’m the first to admit that I couldn’t have achieved this without the help of my trainer Carol Patrick PT, so I asked Carol to share her three tips to help you graduate from walking to running… Here they are!
- Combine walking and running. Aim to jog to the next lamp-post, then walk to the next and gradually increase your running time.
- Don’t overdo it. Less is more to begin with. A couple of short distances is better than going crazy, not achieving and being put off.
- Find a friend to go with you to make it fun!
If you need a little extra inspiration to help you walk the walk or graduate to a faster pace, then enter my Facebook Promotion to win a personal training session with Carol Patrick PT and a Pick & Mix Jar of Energy Bites – ENTER HERE.